Permadeath Suggestions

• Permadeath Suggestions

Raily wrote:

Q> But theres Permadeath with Item lose... Won't i lose all my Donation items too?
      A> No, all Donation items are safe from the Permadeath System and they will transferred into your Storage. This also includes all Questable custome items & Questable Donation items.
      How about those items we had a hard time, hunting etc. etc. would you please make this item safe from permadeath too? I mean permadeath is fine, but losing those precious item is not... hope you consider this request..
    • zmyke0704 wrote:

Raily wrote:

Q> But theres Permadeath with Item lose... Won't i lose all my Donation items too?
      A> No, all Donation items are safe from the Permadeath System and they will transferred into your Storage. This also includes all Questable custome items & Questable Donation items.
      How about those items we had a hard time, hunting etc. etc. would you please make this item safe from permadeath too? I mean permadeath is fine, but losing those precious item is not... hope you consider this request..
      Follow up suggestion.

If there would be a feature like this; that would turn an item "safe from permadeath" then I'd suggest that if a player is killed by another player, the item "safe from permadeath" will drop. If killed by a monster the item is put into auction and sold there in zeny or some other currency OR the item will remain dropped there for, let's say... 1 day followed up by an announcement to notify the populace. Oh and if this suggestion would be taken into account then let the "feature" be obtainable/acquire-able by normal non-donating players.

There already is a quest that can revive fellow players from permadeath, but it's rumored to be extremely hard.

We can't turn away from death. We die, we leave stuff behind, that is the never ending truth of the universe.
      That is what Rune Midgard wishes to teach us, and that's what makes it unique.
    • I just hope all valuable equipment and items would be recovered also.. Leveling alone is a task and losing everything is another thing. From my points of view. That kind of things will not really invite more players.. Yes, casual ones will come, but after they die.. They'll leave. Yes we want to be unique, but there are also other unique competitors out there. I played a server before that you drop 70% of your bag content when you die and drop all your equipped items when you become a wanted person (PK'er). Yes it hurts my feelings, because i labored those items for months sacrificing even sleep and meals and after that I quit.(Serves me right though for being such a bully to newbies.) But the point there is loosing a precious item after death and start over from scratch is demoralizing and frustrating specially drop rates here are well.. Very scarce.. So i suggest let all the items be kept after death. More like become an heirloom to the next character to wear it. And not all is capable of donating. This is just a suggestion base on experience. Yes I roam from one server to another. I like this server because most stuff are not customize (Hates those bulky looking wings and flashy auras), and I am a fan of low rate server. :D
      I'm not Evil.. Just Misunderstood!
    • DeeLux wrote:

I just hope all valuable equipment and items would be recovered also.. Leveling alone is a task and losing everything is another thing. From my points of view. That kind of things will not really invite more players.. Yes, casual ones will come, but after they die.. They'll leave. Yes we want to be unique, but there are also other unique competitors out there. I played a server before that you drop 70% of your bag content when you die and drop all your equipped items when you become a wanted person (PK'er). Yes it hurts my feelings, because i labored those items for months sacrificing even sleep and meals and after that I quit.(Serves me right though for being such a bully to newbies.) But the point there is loosing a precious item after death and start over from scratch is demoralizing and frustrating specially drop rates here are well.. Very scarce.. So i suggest let all the items be kept after death. More like become an heirloom to the next character to wear it. And not all is capable of donating. This is just a suggestion base on experience. Yes I roam from one server to another. I like this server because most stuff are not customize (Hates those bulky looking wings and flashy auras), and I am a fan of low rate server. :D
      I agree with DeeLux

Pugglebum here
    • We need a government in the server.

Some kind of union of guilds etc, some sort of rule-set for in-game players to follow.
      Managed by players, for the safety of players, provided by the players.

I'm personally okay with the death penalty(losing everything) and my suggestion above(about safe-from-permadeath item conversion). You just got to play super-safe.

Perma-death is the main feature of the server, losing everything when you die is part of it.
      Flawing that main feature with some kind of sweet-save-something-precious-because-it-was-hard-to-get-request is just a half hearted subjective commitment to the server.

Once you play the game you have to be fully aware what the downsides of dying can be.
      BUILD UP THAT FEAR OF DEATH! (like buy 99 bwings/fwings every time you go out)

There is a quest to revive your character so that's not really a problem.

I mean....

You just have to be responsible enough to go to the right place to farm.
      To store the items you feel the need to store before moving out in the wild.

If your lvl 175/60 dies.
      You can level up a new one and have it farm back to a higher level, then once it's done, you can proceed to take the quest to revive your dead character.

P.S. I heard from GM that "ANYONE" can revive "ANYONE" through this quest.
      If you have a high level friend, she/he can do the quest for you.

Though the risks till remains.
      Taking the quest at Level 70+ involves the risk of permadeath. SO make good friends and have them risk their lives for you. XD

To sum it all up,

You die, but you can be revived by a quest that anyone can take to revive anyone.
      Be responsible and wise enough to choose what to bring and where to farm.
      Make friends, be in parties/guilds.
      You die = you die.
      Remove server main feature = server loses purpose.
    • Might I suggest that which items are and aren't saved be clearly marked somehow? I don't mind the death and loss of items as long as it can be planned for properly.

Also if you can be revived, can there be consequences?

Like you and the person who revived you both have your level caps reduced by one.
    • SUGGESTIONS

semi perma death with time =
      lv 7x = 1/4 day
      lv 9x = 1 day
      lv 17x = x day
      (maybe with story god help heroes or something :3) can reduced by online/afk too :3 (more ppl online)

perma death can cured by quest, each quest difference based on level&day so ppl think its still possible he can make new chara = then low level populate can increase

there is 2 quest 1 for rich ppl who can buy item from other ppl and quest with effort like walk from a to b help god with something etc :3

item must not dissapeared maybe there is quest to retrive item with login point/online point (its not wise to send at storage)

more suggestion

mpv on some location must not agresive so there is no stupid death

pk must have symbol on him if he pk recently his name became red or something :3 (kill pker dont get this pinalty or maybe u can give reward) so there is community to prevent this random pk or maybe do random pk

no drop item at death so ppl dont pk for thief other

death character can wisper ppl so death ppl still can communate with other maybe he have promise/something or maybe u can transfer them to some area maybe heaven and hell... normal character transfered to heaven and death pker character transfer to hell :3

but lagging ppl and dc ppl will dead.... then ppl will blame server XD and begging for free ressurection XD
      maybe give them "god decent event" random npc spawn at town each day u can ressurection some ppl who can input death character name

Post was edited 1 time, last by noblejho ().